"Since flesh can't stay, we keep the breath aloft. Since flesh can't stay, we pass the words along." --Erica Jong

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Me, Myself, and I





"The morning breeze has secrets to tell you.
Do not go back to sleep."

--Rumi


What secrets did the morning breeze of my early childhood tell me? That childhood is bliss. That the universe is a friendly place, full of love and kindness. That, as the poet Rumi wrote, we have been in heaven, we have been friends of the angels. And now we are here to discover our selves. Our consciousness expands in every direction, and what we intend to create, and what we desire, is on its way.* The Talmud says: Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, Grow, grow. So does an angel bend over me. And you.

*Dr Wayne Dyer

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you
Do not go back to sleep.

You must ask for what you really want.
Do not go back to sleep.

People go back and forth across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.

The door is round and open.
Do not go back to sleep.

4 comments:

Paul Bunyan said...

I didn't even know you had so many pictures. Very nice to look at.

Endment said...

Enjoyed the quotes - especially rumi -
Photos are fun - the one with the chickens is delightful:)

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

I was very scared of chickens, having dreamed one of them was under my pillow. It was a yarn dog my Nannie made for me, but I am still afraid of chickens....

slickdpdx said...

what a cute baby!

About Me

My photo
1. In dreams I am often young and thin with long blond hair. 2. In real life I am no longer young, or thin, or blonde. 3. My back hurts. 4. I hate to sleep alone. (Fortunately I don't have to!) 5. My great grandfather had 2 wives at once. 6. I wish I had more self-discipline. (I was once fired from a teaching position in a private school because they said I was "too unstructured and undisciplined." --Who, me??? Naaaahhh....) 7. I do not blame my parents for this. Once, at a parent-teacher conference, the teacher told me my little boy was "spacey." We ALL are, I told her. The whole fan damily is spacey. She thought I was kidding. I wasn't. 8. I used to travel with a theater reperatory company. My parents weren't happy about this. 9. My mother was afraid that I would run off and paint flowers on my cheeks and live in a commune, and grow vegetables. I once smoked pot. ONE TIME. 10. I don't drink or smoke. (Or swear, much. Well, I drink milk, and water, and orange juice, and stuff. Cocoa. I love Pepsi.) 11. Most of my friends are invisible. 12. I am a poet and a writer. All of my writing on these pages is copyrighted. Borrowing (without acknowledgment) is a sin.